The New Individual Responsibility Regime - Extending it across the Financial Services Industry
03 August 2017
On 26 July 2017, the FCA published consultation paper CP17/25 on the extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (see our earlier report, which summarises the key proposals here).
Our brochure looks at each of the key elements of the new regime, assessing how they will apply to non-banking firms. With its proposals, the FCA has built on how the new regime has been implemented with banks, but has included several new elements that take into account proportionality, which will benefit smaller or simpler firms and impose additional requirements on those firms that are the largest and most complex.
We review in turn:
1. The basic structure
2. The designated senior management functions
3. Allocation of responsibilities to senior managers
4. Statement of responsibilities for senior managers
5. Management responsibility maps
6. The conduct rules
8. The certification regime
9. The duty of responsibility for senior managers
10. Application to UK branches of EEA and third country firms
Our brochure is available to download here.
Should you require implementation support or wish to discuss the contents of this publication, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Back to top