About this course
The new Individual Accountability Regime represents the largest single reform for individual regulation in the UK and is based on recommendations of the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards.
Coming into force on 7 March 2016, it is intended to address:
- the “no-one to blame” syndrome under which the regulators found it difficult to hold anyone responsible for the collapse of the major banks during the financial crisis, and
- the “no-one was supervising” syndrome whereby traders and their managers participated in widespread misconduct in relation to foreign exchange trading and index fixing.
Using interactivity, practical scenarios and case studies as well as multiple choice quiz questions, the following modules have been created:
Module 1: Senior Managers Regime
Module 2: Certification Regime
Module 3: All staff
Who is it for?
The new regime comprises three elements:
- the senior managers regime, aimed at holding senior managers personally responsible for failings in their area
- the certification regime, under which the bank (rather than the regulator) is responsible for assessing the fitness and properness of a broad range of staff from senior managers through to heads of control functions, risk takers down to customer advisers and traders;
- all other staff in a bank (bar 20 limited exceptions for ancillary staff) who will be subject to conduct rules.
The rules apply to:
- Building Societies
- Credit Unions
- PRA-designated investment firms
- Branches of foreign banks operating in the UK
- Introduction to the rules and what they involve
- Clearly identifying job roles in an organisation and how these rules apply
- Fitness and propriety
- Understanding the overarching Conduct Rules and what they mean
A short multiple choice quiz concludes the course to test knowledge.
Each module will take 30-40 minutes to complete.
- can be published to most e-learning formats
- SCORM 1.2 compliant
- multi-device compatible
- fully customisable
- available for translation into any language
- compatible on most Learning Management Systems (LMS) for full tracking and reporting.
Need more information?
Get in touch for a 7 day free trial of the course or to discuss your requirements in more detail.